Friday, April 8, 2011

Chicken Tostada



My favorite meal is a Mexican Meal I love our local Mexican Restaurant and it’s a tradition that every time that my hubby and I go we always order a tostada salad before our dinner to share. It is a fried corn tortilla topped with refried beans with a balsamic glaze salad dressing on the lettuce and beets as a garnish on a bed of the tostada . So the other day at lunch time I was craving the tostada from Casa Vega so I thought to myself. We made Chicken tacos the other night so I can make this at home; but if you have leftover rotisserie chicken that will work too. I didn’t have any refried beans so I used chicken as the base with a salsa on the top.

Serves 4 to 6 depending on appetite.

Chicken Tostada Ingredients:

6 Corn Tortilla for each person
1 1/2  cup cooked chicken about a 1/4 cup for each tostada
1 1/2 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce about a 1/4 cup per tostada
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese about 1/8 cup per tostada
6 tablespoon salsa 1 tablespoon per tostada
1 Teaspoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil

 
 
Balsamic Glaze Dressing Ingredients:


3 Tablespoon Brown Gulden's Mustard
1/4 cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Equipment:
Medium Size Bowl to mix Balsamic Glaze dressing in
Frying pan
Paper Towels

Heat up chicken either in microwave or in a frying pan. I used my All Clad Mini Frying Pan.




Next take Olive Oil and butter and melt together in a frying pan. I used the same one for heating up the chicken. Take Tortilla and place in All Clad frying pan an fry until golden on both side.


After done wrap in paper towel.


Mix dressing together Balsamic Glaze Dressing by putting all ingredients in a bowl except the olive oil and whisk together.



When completely combine emulsify with Olive Oil. Poor all but 1 tablespoon per tostada in a jar and save in
 refrigerator.

 

Take Romaine lettuce and Toss in 1 tablespoon of dressing per tostada

Place cooked Tortilla on plate add chicken


Add Lettuce that has been tossed in dressing.


Add Cheese then Salsa.



If you like you could also make this on a Friday with a half of can of tuna or with refried bean and topped with julienne beets.


Enjoy and Bon Appetit
 
Sheila Fretz

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous!! Could really use some Mexican food right now- this looks perfect. The "mexican" restaurants in Germany....sucks :)

    ReplyDelete