Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home Made Pie or Tart Crust

Okay so I have a little secret, this is my first time I have ever created a pie or tart crust recipe. I have seen recipes that incorporate eggs or vinegar. However, I wanted to create a recipe that I could pass on to my friends that have food allergies. This recipe incorporates gluten free flour, butter, shortening, sugar, salt and cold chilled water and the best part is I make it in the food processor.

Home Made Pie or Tart  Crust Ingredients:

1/3 cup shortening plus 2 Tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup of butter chilled chopped
3 cups gluten free flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water chilled


This is the easiest recipe and it will only take you 2 to 3 min to make. Take the flour, Sugar and Salt and put in the food processor with dough blade ( picture below) pulse 3 times. Next add chopped chilled butter, pulse 4 times, Add Shortening divided equally around bowl. pulse again 4 times add 1/2 cup of water pulse again. The remainder of the water is used to add if needed.

This will make enough dough for a top and a bottom of a shallow pie pan.


Bon Appetite!

Enjoy,

Sheila Fretz

No comments:

Post a Comment